- Eligible Charities – To be considered, a charity must be nominated by a member of 100 Women of the Adirondack Foothills. Organizations from Fulton, Montgomery, & Schoharie counties are eligible. The charity must be non-profit and have 501(c)(3) tax-deductible status. No political, religious or national organizations may be nominated.
- The Nomination Form is found HERE, and at the bottom of this page. Please complete this form and email it to email@example.com or mail it to PO Box 1, Johnstown, NY 12095. NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE MONDAY BEFORE EACH MEETING DATE!
- At each meeting charitable non-profit organizations are nominated by you, the members, and their names are grouped with all other nominees. Three nominated organizations are then drawn and the nominating member has 5 minutes to tell why her organization should be selected. This will be followed by a 5 minute Q & A session for each nominee. A vote is taken, ballots counted and plurality rules! The nomination and voting process is reserved for members only.
- The selected non-profit will be presented with the collection of checks from members as soon as they are all received. We will do our best to coordinate a presentation photo opportunity with agency representatives. Award organizations must agree not to solicit members or share names or other information about 100 Women Who Care members.
- Non-profit charities that receive an award from 100 Women Who Care, Adirondacks, may not be nominated again for the following three years. Charities that are NOT chosen may be re-nominated as many times as the member wishes. If you decide to make a subsequent nomination of a charity, please be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In most instances, it is not required to complete the nomination form again.
- For useful suggestions on how to make a presentation, click HERE
If you have any questions, feel free to send an email to us at email@example.com.