- We meet quarterly, starting on May 10th. Our next 2 meetings are on August 9th and November 8, 2018. Meetings will be held at St. John’s Church at 1 N. Market St in Johnstown, NY. Check-in is from 5-5:30 pm; our meeting will start promptly at 5:30 and end at 6:30.
- To become a member, please complete the online commitment form before your first meeting. The form is located Here. If you are unable to use the online registration system, please print the form and bring it with you to the first meeting. As a member you to agree to donate $400 annually – $100 at each meeting.
- Charitable non-profit organizations are nominated by you, the members, and their names placed in a basket. Adirondack Foothills (Fulton, Montgomery, & Schoharie counties) organizations with 501(c)(3) tax deductible status are eligible. No political, religious or national organizations may be nominated. If you would like to nominate a charitable organization, please complete our Nomination Form HERE.
- At each meeting, three nominated organizations are then drawn from the total pool and the nominating member has 5 minutes to tell why her organization should be selected. This will be followed by a 5 minute Q & A session for each nominee. A vote is taken, ballots counted and plurality rules! The nomination and voting process is reserved for members only.
- At the end of the meeting, each member writes a check for $100 to the selected organization. These checks are presented directly to the director of the chosen organization. The receiving agency must agree not to solicit members or share names or other information about 100 Women Who Care members.
Joining is simple: Complete our online Commitment Form before your first meeting. If you prefer, print out the online form and bring it with you. It’s a quick and easy form asking you to agree to donate $400 annually – $100 per quarter – to the organizations that the membership votes for to receive the money. That’s it! There’s a 30 minute arrival period (starting at 5:00) before each meeting so you’ll have plenty of time to complete the simple form.
Although our name says 100 women, we are happy to welcome all women who want to join not just the first 100. The sky is the limit with what we can do together to help charities in the Adirondack Foothills!
You can also attend our meetings as a visitor, but the nominating and voting process is reserved for members only.