We meet quarterly, having started on May 10th, 2018. Our meetings are held at St. John’s Church at 1 N. Market St in Johnstown, NY. Check-in is from 5-5:30 pm; our meeting will start promptly at 5:30 and end at 6:30.
- November virtual meeting important dates:
- Monday, 11/2 Last day to send in nominations
- Tuesday, 11/3 Names will be drawn, nominees will be notified
- Monday, 11/9 Videos must be submitted
- Wednesday, 11/11 The ‘Meeting’ – Email with link to website presentations
- Thursday, 11/12 ZOOM Q&A session with nominators @ 5:30 pm
- Monday, 11/16 Last day to vote
- Tuesday, 11/17 Our November recipient is announced!
- February virtual meeting important dates:
- Monday, 2/1 Last day to send in nominations
- Tuesday, 2/2 Names will be drawn, nominees will be notified
- Monday, 2/8 Videos must be submitted
- Wednesday, 2/10 The ‘Meeting’ – Email with link to website presentations
- Thursday, 2/11 ZOOM Q&A session with nominators @ 5:30 pm
- Monday, 2/15 Last day to vote
- Tuesday, 2/16 Our February recipient is announced!
- Thursday, May 13th, 2021 – Our THIRD anniversary of giving! We are hoping to have this meeting in person.
- Thursday, August 12th, 2021
Generally, our in-person meetings will go as follows:
5:00 to 5:30 pm – Check-in and mingling
5:30 pm – Meeting begins
- Opening remarks by 100WWC member.
- The charity that received the funds from the previous meeting will be asked to tell the group how their donations were/will be used within the organization.
- Three (3) nominated charities will be selected at random from the basket.
- The members who nominated those three (3) charities will each have five (5) minutes to present their charity to the group (no PowerPoint or collateral materials, please). A brief Q&A will follow each presenter.
- Members will submit their anonymous ballot and the votes are tabulated.
- The charity with the most votes is announced.
- Checks are written by each member to the selected charity. Remember to bring a check!
- A simple concept. A big impact.
6:30 pm – Meeting is adjourned.